5/14/11

interview with james vincent

BEAUTYexpert of the week

OCCUPATIONmakeup artist, director of artistry for The Makeup Show and Powder Group, beauty editor on Makeup Magazine and Lovecat Magazine.

FAVORITE PRODUCT TO USE WITH BEAUTYBLENDER:
"i love beautyblender with my Make Up For Ever HD foundation and Kevyn Aucoin Skin Enhancer as well as the Eve Pearl and RCMA foundations. it is become a must-have for me."

HOW DID YOU GET STARTED IN THE INDUSTRY
i was studying social work in college when The Body Shop hired me to develop some camps with them for Children affected and infected by HIV. they liked me and hired me to work for them developing training programs.  i moved to atlanta to write my thesis and M.A.C. hired me years ago when they were still a small independent brand.  i had always done theatre and was in school on a theatre scholarship so i knew a few things about makeup, but i had a lot to learn.  in atlanta i worked hard and educated myself at every opportunity and started working with celebrities and went from there. i moved to nyc when i was 25 and things took off and i now divide my time between ny and la and work in fashion, television and celebrity work primarily

BACKSTAGE WITH BEAUTYBLENDER
superstar trainer jilian michaels formerly of Biggest Loser and now on The Doctors getting touched up by james.


FUNNIEST MOMENT WITH BEAUTYBLENDER
my aha! moment when i realized i loved beautyblender.
all of my friends and assistants use them and i have known rea ann forever.  i think we actually met at an Oscar's suite when she was launching beautyblender,  but had never put it in my kit.  i was at a crazy show backstage at New York Fashion Week and i was keying the Bebe show.  orlando santiago and kat aragon were on my team and using their blenders and i was like .... wow ... then in the middle of a making a girl on camera for E! my assistant abhi nishman wet her beautyblender and handed me to blend foundation and i was amazed!  in the middle of my camera interview i realized i had stopped speaking and was just holding the beautyblender and saying .... this is amazing ... this is amazing!


LATEST TWITTER UPDATE

No comments:

Post a Comment